Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Greatest Lesson I learned about internet marketing

After so many years in the game, buying just about every course, listening to self proclaimed gurus preach about the latest fad, I had a light bulb moment...let me explain.

21 Years of doing pretty much what my upline and idols told me would work and that I would get great results, I finally got it. 

You see, I was the guy that followed directions, made the lists of family and friends, hung out at the malls, got countless No's and cussed out, did home meetings, hotel meetings where people would guard there wallets like a hawk, yet kept a smile on my face saying that is one more qualified No and that meant the Yes was coming LOL...

Does that sound like your online or offline career, just stay positive, keep pushing, Fake it till you make it, good grief, no wonder I ever made any money.

My shear will power did prevail but I noticed something, when I stopped working so did my income...so I thought ok, let me do "Big Ticket" companies at least then I would make big money to offset the drop out rate and could maintain my lifestyle.

I adopted the motto "somebody somewhere has to do something so it might as well be me" here I was preaching team, knowing full well, people was never going to do what I do, did or ever would do...does this feel like you, a one man show?

Ok, enough of that rant on with the story, 21 years in the game I have heard numerous stories, excuses or just flat out lies, why is this so important, Stories (better known as Content) sells, I know that you know that everyone knows that, yet we still get out there hammering the facts about our company of choice.

I heard from a very successful beach bum friend of mine that he basically wrote 219 stories (content material) and did a few videos and was quietly knocking down a grand or more a day.

Why am I telling you this, think about it, why did google kick all the affiliate marketers off there platform?

Here you have 50 thousand people all saying the same stuff and there model is people looking for content not business, now don't get me wrong, content is the business but people make the business go why? Your business is the content, people are searching for content, on how, what, when and why something works.

Our job is to offer great content (stories) that people can relate too and then they tell someone else about the article or story they found, hence free traffic for your content (business)

Yes this does work, why? Go to google and do a search for "best way to house train a dog" you see when you and 250 thousand others get puppies for Christmas, it want be long before you say, I have to get this thing trained or it is going to have an accident that is unrecoverable :-)

Stop Selling your business (stating the facts) instead start telling a story (content people want to read)

Stories Sell and Facts Tell

Now when someone says make a list, call all your friends and family-just say with a smile, let me see your list and let me talk to someone in your family that is in the business hahahah nah, seriously,
that is a dead end street, very few if any of your family and friends will join you in business because they know all of your dirty laundry and I do not want you to be alienated, make the money and show them by example.

Instead, blog daily or journal online about anything you have learned, experienced or victories you have had in this game called life and you will see maybe not in a day, week or even 6 months but one morning you will wake up and see that you have an avalanche of traffic coming to you because people are finding your content (stories) and you will begin to have massive success.

I personally blog in a huge community, it helps to index my content plus it gives me an edge so that it does not take 6 months to a year to get noticed.  If that sounds great to you check out how this will speed up your success in any business by going here or this video will explain it in more detail so you understand this long post :-)

You will succeed, I believe in you, just start doing what the big bad companies that house all the traffic want, start delivering CONTENT or better known as STORIES and you will win everytime, plus it will knock your advertising budget down to hardly nothing-this is a great thing..

To your Success,
John Pate

P.S.  Follow me on Twitter and FaceBook, Thank you in advance! :-)
Also, if you have a moment these are a few of my favorite social bookmark
sites:
Linkedin
Blogger
YouTube
Myspace
DIGG

No comments:

Post a Comment